"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Sigh of Relief

I am typing this as my child is napping...yes I said it!! She decided to follow directions today!! Today has really been such a better day than yesterday so thankyou for the prayers!! It's so discouraging when you feel like you do a great job as a mom but then have a day where nothing seems to work. But of course, I have to be rational and realize that I can't be the one with the child that behaves ALL the time. Now what kind of challenge would that be for me?!

But seriously we are having a great day today. Woke up like I always do...whether I'm working or staying home. These days there is this internal clock that wakes me up whether or not I need to get up that early. Then of course I always have the wonderful "Madison" clock that works if my internal one fails. I woke up with energy and motivation today so I thought I better jump on it! Got my kitchen cleaned this morning and made breakfast. Madison was ready to make her cupcakes first thing this morning because I had shared with her yesterday that we were going to do so today. She always does such a great job when it comes to helping me clean or cook. Let's hope she takes after her dad though when it comes to the cooking skills. I am most definetly lacking in that area. Now I can follow a simple recipe but let's just say I'm not the type that can just throw some ingredients together and have something edible come out of it. Gotta have STEP BY STEP instructions for me.

Madison did really well today playing and having some "alone" time while I cleaned the rest of the house. That's one of the things I do love about having a day off is I am able to have the house cleaned so I can enjoy my Saturday! Madison and I even got in some book time. Now that's one of the many things that makes me so proud of Madison. The girl loves books!! She loves to find letters that she knows and make their sounds. Can't help but smile when I see her doing that. She gets to add about 2-3 books to her collection each month. And it has really paid off for us. Her enthusiasm when reading books is priceless. One of the most rewarding things we do with Madison is having that story time. I especially love it when she says "Mommy, I want to read to you". Now that will melt my heart ;) Madison even remembered reading a Dora the Explorer story where Dora was at the dentist. Madison was at the doctor when she remembered it and Madison knew exactly what to do! Madison was so proud of herself after she left the doctor that day.

If you read last night's blog you can tell I am in a bit of a different mood. A bit more light hearted. I was a little frazzled yesterday but that's ok. I almost thought that I shouldn't blog in such a mood but then I thought about that. I started the blog to share my thoughts and to be real. If I had not have posted last night I think I would have felt as if I cheated my purpose. Now I'm not one of these people that have no filter when it comes to blogging or posting things on facebook. There are just some things that do not need to be made public but something as simple as parenting issues should be shared. I know that I am not the only one that struggles with these issues so I write in hopes that it may help others to take a step back and say...ok, she is having those problems too. Sounds weird but sometimes encouragement comes in the form of just knowing you are not the only one struggling with that problem.

I'm very thankful that I decided to take these two days off. Normally I keep right on working cause Madison has me out enough with sick time anyway. But having days off that are planned always feel so much better. When you have a sick child it's difficult to do things around the house or take care of errands. But when you are home because you simply need a break it's a wonderful feeling!! Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoy it because we all know Monday will be here faster than we want it!

1 comment:

  1. I think your doing a great job and some days will be good and some days not so good but just know your doing the best you can as a parent.love your blogs:))

    ReplyDelete