"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Encouragement

A day away from the office was quite nice today. I was still at work except I was at a training in Raleigh. Getting up at 5 a.m. was no fun but it was nice riding with a friend and chatting. It's also nice to see people at the training that you don't get to see everyday. And I was so encouraged to hear that people there were also reading my blogs! It's so encouraging to me so thankyou to the people today that told me they have been reading and enjoying them.

I know that I have learned alot just from my short time in blogging. You never realize the impact of your life on others until you start sharing it more. This blog has helped me to grow closer with God and to become comfortable with sharing my life with others. It makes me so excited when someone can read my blog and relate and maybe even be encouraged!! Life is so full of unexpected turns that you have to learn to keep pushing no matter what. And if sharing my turns in life is what someone else needs to keep going then keep reading!!

Sometimes we can get really tired as we go through life trying to do good and trying to live a life that's pleasing to Christ. Find encouragement in these two verses: Galatians 6:8-9 "The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." It's scriptures like these that encourage me to continue doing what God has called me to do despite what others around me are doing. And I want to make sure I make a lasting impression on people's lives in such a way that help them to be a better person. I have people in my life that have done that for me and I want to make sure I can do the same. There's always someone watching us and our actions and seeing if they match our words. And maybe you are someone that struggles with being the same person no matter who the people you are around. Be confident in who you are in Christ. Decide that it's Christ that makes you special and not the people you are trying to please. Once you get that down, you will lead a much happier life. I've been there and I know the happiness I have now.

I am really thankful for this day and getting to be with some people I do not see every day but I am especially looking forward to my head hitting the pillow and seeing the back of my eye lids!! Tomorrow will be another long day as I get up at 6 a.m. to take a 2 hour drive so it's off to bed early for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment