"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Monday, March 8, 2010

Not For Those With Weak Stomachs...

I am very thankful for this day. My morning started off really well with a work out and getting to work on time despite the long drive ahead of me. Met with some clients who were doing well and were excited about their clean time from illegal drugs and alcohol but also met with some who were anything but there. Overall it was a good work day.

My drive home was fabulous with all this sunshine!! Makes for the long trips to be much more pleasant. When I got home James had steaks grilling and a surprise for me on the kitchen table. He's so good to me. He doesn't over do it with the surprises which is good or else I'd expect it. But every so often out of the blue, for no reason, he'll have something for me. And it's normally waiting for me on the kitchen table. It was a Bath and Body Works bag with the spring collection scent called P.S. I Love You. Of course he got me the whole set :) I love that man. He has always known how to treat me. I remember when we first started dating in college how he would open the door for me and bring me flowers, a complete gentleman. I remember thinking..."let's see how long this lasts". And even after we continued dating, I would bring it up occasionally how long he thought he could keep up with the standard he was setting. Of course, he always said he would do it forever...and he has thus far. Sorry for you guys that are puking right now ;) But I don't know how God chose to bless me with such a good marriage.

I hope that Madison can look at us and know the standard she should set for her marriage. I pray she can look at her daddy and see the kind of man she deserves and know how a man should treat her. And I hope that I can show her how to treat her husband. Things are not always perfect, but then again this is a marriage. It's how we work through the trials that make our marriage that much better. Knowing that I can always depend on James to be there no matter what makes me secure in our marriage. Of course we all have those jokes where we say "will you love me if..." and that's always interesting. Well James finds it interesting to bring up my C-section with Madison. Giving birth is always an interesting topic but he found it quite interesting when he got to watch the C-section. I guess guys are like that but James thought it was the coolest thing to see inside of me!! Gross!! He talks about seeing the doctors just move my insides around like it was nothing!! Oh, and sorry to gross you guys out...I'm pretty grossed out myself.

But away from the gross stuff and back to the serious stuff. I know alot of marriages are not on the same track as mine. I've listened to people talk to me about troubles they were having and it makes me sad. I know my marriage would not be anything it is today if God was not at the center. I say that all the time but I truly mean it. I know that our marriage is what it is because we both work towards the same goal and that's to always serve God with our lives. So if you've made it this far in my blog I will assume you have a pretty strong stomach between reading the yucky gushy love stuff and the gross c-section stuff I'd say you're tough ;) Hope I haven't turned you off from reading my blogs!! :)

1 comment:

  1. yay for Bath and Body works!! I have a slight obsession with it...that was totally sweet of James to do that!

    ReplyDelete