"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Faith or Stupidity?

Have you ever been at a point where one decision could change absolutely everything. I feel like I'm at that point. It's almost like it's a huge leap of faith or it's just plain crazy!! But as I remind myself of what faith is, it's believing in what you can't see. So at what point does it exceed a step of faith and just become plain stupid?!! I'm asking myself that question tonight.

God has never agreed to go by everything in my plan of action for my life. I've never really "enjoyed" the trials and redirections that I've experienced in growing in my walk with God, but I found them necessary and have grown to appreciate them later. There are times in life when you almost take a halt and realize that God has been trying to say "ok" all along. As if to say, "ok I'll give you the desire of your heart". But by the time we realize it, we're completely in aww and wondering if we've gone crazy!!! I know i'm not making sense but it's just something I've had to get out there. At what point does someone say they are acting out on faith when reality it was not faith but stupidity. I hope this does not come across as being harsh because it's not at all my intention but rather it's what's on my mind. I have taken some leaps of faith in my life but sometimes I think we get too content and almost forget to continue taking steps of faith. I find myself very comfortable in my life, almost too comfortable. And maybe that's why I'm struggling with this question tonight of faith and how extreme do you take it.

So I'm spending alot of time in prayer about some things. There are just so many things on my mind and so many exciting venues that God may or may not lead me down. I do not understand how anyone can say being a Christian is boring. My life is anything but!!!! But as I continue to search for answers and pray for God's direction in my life, I know that no matter what it will be a journey to never forget!! I know this has been by the far the most confusing blog ever but I had some things on my mind and got thinking about faith. And I guess when it comes down to steps of faith, you are truly the only one who knows your heart (besides God that is) and so searching for direction and taking leaps of faith can only be decided by you if it was truly a leap of faith or if you were just plain crazy...or maybe faith is crazy :) I guess that is what makes being a Christian so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment