"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Friday, March 19, 2010

In Tears

I normally would not post twice in one day but I couldn't resist sharing what happened while putting Madison to sleep. Just after we had completed our nightly routine for bedtime including reading her last book, we said our prayers. Well tonight Madison read the last book to me. Well, read to me in the sense that she saw the pictures and said her version of the story :) Afterwards we said our prayers. Usually we would say them together but tonight Madison took the lead and it went a little something like this: "Thank you God for Mommy and Daddy, the truck, the car, my bed, papa, and grandma, mammy, Tina, mommy, and daddy. Amen." By the end of this prayer I was trying to pull myself together to a normal voice so that she couldn't tell I was crying. I was so proud of her and how her little heart was so sincere in thanking God for the simplest of things like her bed. I also found comfort in hearing her thank God for her babysitter. She is growing up so fast and it is such an incredible joy hearing your child pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment