"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Friday, March 5, 2010

My Friday Night Randomness

I have had such an awesome evening! Once I made it through the work day it was time to start my weekend!! I started it with a quick stop at Belk's where I found a pair of $60 heels that were on clearance and then got an extra 20% off for a grand total of $10!! Granted I can't wear them just yet because they are open toe shoes, but I'll have them just in time when the weather warms up!! After my breif shopping trip, I went to get my hair done and that was nice because I saw a friend I hadn't seen in years and I also got to hang out with quite possibly the best hair stylist ever!!

Driving home after all this I realized it has been forever since I took an evening for myself to get some things done. It was so nice shopping and buying something for myself and then pampering myself with a hair appointment. It's so important to slow down and remember to take care of yourself!! And with that said, I am officially beginning a series of chiropractor appointments that I have been putting off. Even with insurance, the copays are pricey, especially when you start out going three times a week. But after my migraine I had yesterday, I knew I couldn't wait any longer. So I'm praying that maybe the chiropractor will cut me some slack on how often I have to go or maybe even cut me a deal on the copay ;)

As you continue to read this blog you will realize how random my flow of thoughts are!! I just have so much on my mind tonight and if you're like me, that's pretty normal. I'm always working on one thing and then thinking about another!! But something I have wanted to say to everyone that reads my blog is thank you. Thank you so much for the encouragment you have been to me. I started this blog hoping to have readers who found my thoughts encouraging or maybe were able to relate with what I was talking about. I have gotten so many emails from different people who I never thought would even read my blog!! So thank you so much for taking the time to read and to give such encouraging words. Just knowing that I can use my life and my story and all my crazy thoughts to be a blessing to you is absolutely amazing!!

I also have on my mind my husband's grandmother Jan. She had surgery yesterday to have a bigger trake put in. The surgery was necessary but as with any surgery there were risks. James said tonight that there is a chance his grandmother may not be able to talk again and may have to always have a feeding tube. So while I'm so very thankful for God taking care of her and allowing someone to find her that day she collapsed, I'm torn with the thought that my husband may not be able to hear his grandmother's voice again. She lives in Ohio and we live in North Carolina, so phone calls are so very important. She is by far one of the coolest grandmothers ever. She calls James to talk about football and believe me, she knows her stuff!! But I just ask that you pray for her and the doctors as they continue this journey. I know that God has her in His hands and is taking care of her every step of the way.

Another thought is my weekend. I have been so busy that I have not slowed down to really clean my house this week. We have managed to maintain but you know how your house just gets to a point where it's time to do a good thorough cleaning!! Well ours is there!! This weekend is spring cleaning at this household!! Even Madison will have a part. She does such a good job with helping with laundry and picking up things. Of course, we normally have to sing the clean up song! And something else I'm hoping to do is revamp my grocery list. I have not done a very good job of utilizing the coupons that I have. Something that I want to do is start writing out a grocery list that allows me to buy things when they are on sell, instead of when I need them. I want to get better at utilizing my coupons and being smart about when the best time is to buy certain things. I want to be more responsible with planning out our meals a week at a time to ensure that what I'm cooking for my family is not only cost effective but healthy. I've always allowed my busy life to dictate what we eat and that's not working for us in either the department of health or money!!

So there you have it, my random thoughts for this Friday night. I'm so blessed to have the friends that I have. So incredibly blessed with the church family we are a part of now. They have truly been part of a healing process for us. I'm also blessed to have the family that I have. I have such an awesome husband and I am so thankful that God has blessed us with a marriage that works towards God. I don't know where we would be today if God was not at the center. So thankyou God for blessing me beyond measure and allowing me to be a part of so many special people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment