"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Living On Faith

Yesterday I blogged about my thoughts on faith and how extreme one could take it. Living a life of faith can be so very exciting and scary all at the same time!! But how else do we grow? How do we take steps forward? If we never take a chance then how do we know that we are truly living the life God has for us?

The Message version of Luke 17:5-6 says this about faith: "The apostles came up and said to the Master, 'Give us more faith.' But the Master said, 'You don't need more faith. There is no 'more' or 'less' in faith. If you have a bare kernel of faith, say the size of a poppy seed, you could say to this sycamore tree, 'Go jump in the lake,' and it would do it." I love how scripture has a way of putting things in perspective. This verse reminds me that I don't have to compare my faith or have a certain level of faith. If I even have just a small amount of faith then God can move in my life!! That's so exciting and so reassuring to me!! And to my friends out there who feel like they are just not quite there and have always compared themselves to other Christians who they feel have more faith...listen up!! Scripture says it's not a matter of more or less faith!! So stop making excuses as to why you can't take that leap of faith yet and just do it!!

I have been amazed at God's fulfillment of His word to me. I continue to pray for things that otherwise would be impossible and as I do...they slowly become possible. As I see these things happen, my faith grows. Which helps me to understand that even starting with the smallest amount of faith can lead to a life of such joy in Christ!! I am thankful for the scriptures that are a road map for me. I use to have such a hard time reading and understanding them but as I continue to take steps of faith, God continues to increase my understanding of His word.

God has been nothing but faithful to me and my family. We continue to experience an abundance of blessings as we seek Him. When things get tough in your life or you just don't understand the life you are living, seek God with all your heart. Read the scriptures and it's there where you will find your answers. Trust God with your life and you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment