"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Little Edgy...

I think today has been a very long day for me. I didn't realize just how long it really seemed until about ten minutes ago. I am on day two of no caffiene. I have replaced my diet mountain dew with water. I know it's the healthy thing to do and it will make me feel so much better. I am currently going thru the withdrawal of having no caffiene so I have had a headache all day long. I know that I can do this and I'm thinking I should be past most of the withdrawal by tomorrow. And let's hope for James' sake I am over it! Withdrawal can make a person a little edgy!!

It's crazy how addicted we can get to things and how difficult it can be to take it away. But I'm finding that the idea of just having something to drink is what I need. So now I carry a water bottle with me to work instead of a diet dew. I find that I can think much clearer and am more productive at work. I have been on kicks before where I stopped caffiene and it was great but somehow that dew snuck back in the picture :)

Tonight for supper I made stuffed baked potatoes with ham and cheese. It was another recipe I got out of the weight watcher's cook book. It's very filling. After dinner we all were pretty tired which worked out for me being the caffiene addict and all ;) So we had some down time after dinner and then we decided to get in some good time with Madison by playing in her room with her. She's so funny with her daddy. She loves to pretend he's the pirate and that she needs mommy to save her. Gotta love kids!

You'll have to excuse my thoughts as I really do have quite the headache tonight. So my thoughts may not flow too well. James and I were talking about our plans for the weekend and we are looking forward to the company we have coming over Friday night. We've been wanting to have this couple over for a while now and between busy schedules and life I think we may finally get too! I talk about it all the time but it's crazy how our schedules fill up. Saturday we are going to see Grandma Grace and Grandaddy Carol. We are planning to stop by that morning to spend time with them and then hopefully have a day for James, Madison, and I to hang out maybe at the beach or where ever we decide. I would love to get some good pictures of Madison at the beach. I also need to find her an Easter dress. I know....I've waited to long right?! I do it every year honestly but I know I will find her a pretty dress. I want to get her Easter pictures taken. I'm really bad about going out to get professional pictures taken but I do want to for Easter. So I better get on the ball with that!! I am always snapping pictures of my own but it can be nice to have pictures that are professional on occasion.

I'm hoping the rest of my work week goes well. I know once I get past this caffiene withdrawal I will be fine. It's just getting there. I guess once I officially get off caffiene I will think about what will be my next step to work towards. Hope everyone is having a good week! Don't forget to slow down and spend time with your family even if you are too tired and don't feel like it. I remember a while back before I had a family being told to always go out with your family and spend time with them even though you just got off of work. To not rely on how tired you are feeling but to decide to go and have fun after work despite that. I have remembered that for years now and I have tried to practice that. Having fun with the family doesn't mean that I even have to leave my house but it does mean that I need to make sure I am attentive to my family despite the huge desire to just crash!! It's so rewarding. So thankful for the family God has blessed me with and the people in my life that make life so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment