"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Good Day

I had such a nice day with church family and some special friends that came over to hear James preach this morning. It's always so nice to hear that man preach. Ever since I heard him preach in college I knew God had gifted him. So thankful that God has blessed him with a heart to continue in the ministry. James cares for the teens that he works with and has a heart to help them grow strong spiritually to stand against temptations they will face and are facing.

James filled in for our minister today for the sermon. I really think James and Bob make such a good team. They are very opposite yet much alike and it's important to have that support and team work. James preached on the struggles that we all face and how we tend to want to hide those struggles and appear perfect. He encouraged us to seek counsel from God and from those around us. Giving your burdens over to God to carry and have friends that know what you are going through only makes your load that much lighter. To watch James preach, you can see the passion in him. God has gifted him with so much and I am so proud of him. He's been really busy this week between work and helping a few people do some things. Tonight James took the youth group to MACU for SNL. Hoping he doesn't get back to terribly late but also praying they have a safe trip. I remember going to functions at the college and I always found them so uplifting so these trips are important for the teens.

So I'm thankful for such a good Sunday and really some great time away from work. I have really enjoyed these past 4 days. It's been nice and I'm actually motivated to go back to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting things done in the office and getting back in the routine of things. Hoping for a great week and praying all of you have a great week as well. Now I'm gonna get back to watching Extreme Homemaker: Home Edition and crying my eyes out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment