"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting Back On Track

Today is one of those days you realize you should have started a long time ago working that weight off because it's warming up!! So my goal for this weekend is to yet again get back in the swing of things with exercising and cooking healthy. Got off track last week and when I get off track that means my family is off track.

The lifestyle you live does not only affect "you". It also affects those who spend alot of time with you. I know that when I'm on a "healthy" kick that I will have healthy suppers planned and plenty of healthy choices for everyone to take with them for lunches. There will always be granola bars or fruit to grab for breakfast. But when it comes to that week where "healthy eating" exchanges places with "convenience" I know we are in for an off week. This week was just that. Prior to this week I was exercising and when this week arrived everything took a seat on the backburner. But with the weather as pretty as it is and the forecast for the weekend is just as pretty this will be a great chance to get back on track. Warmer days leave you with out excuse to get out and exercise. Children love to be outside and Madison loves to go for walks. And I think it will also be time to break out the bicycles.

This weekend will also be a good time to get back to planning my meals for the week. I always hear from others and I use to say it myself that eating healthy is so much more expensive than just buying those unhealthy foods. But I have learned that to not be the case. Since I started planning out my meals a week at a time,and I use a Weight Watcher's Cookbook, I have found that I am still able to remain in my budget for my groceries and actually illiminate those "convenience" runs through out the week at work. We spend more money on food when we are not eating healthy. When we have a meal plan for the week we avoid eating out because we are making last minute decisions for supper after being tired from work. Planning your supper after you get home from work is the worse time to do that. You will spend more money and have a higher chance of eating something that's not healthy. So eating healthy for us is not only good to our bodies but good to our wallets!

So once I'm getting back on track with eating healthy and exercising, I'm also hoping to fit in some time to clean my carpets. They are long overdue and I love a clean house on a bright sunny day!! Going to get some grilling time in...well, James is...haha. I love it when he grills corn on the cob!! Just looking forward to this weekend and having some much needed time with my daughter tonight. It's girl's night tonight!! Hope you guys get out and enjoy this sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment