"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Monday, March 15, 2010

An Eventful Day

Well today was definetly a roller coaster ride. Started really well...till I got to work that is (isn't that how it always go..hee hee). I love the phone calls when a client calls to say what "really" happened and that he's not guilty...so that was my morning between him and all other parties involved. As my day continued, I had something unusual happen. Had a client come in that was asking to be readmitted to the program. Someone who had been clean from her addiction for an entire year but relapsed about 2 months ago. I find an enormous amount of strenth in a person that can walk back into my office after they are no longer obligated to by the courts and ask to be readmitted to the program. And this is unusual because all of the clients I see are on probation so they are either referred by the courts or their probation officer to see me. In other words, somewhere along the way the law caught up with them. So they typically are not thrilled to see me by the time they make it to my office.

I also had my second chiropractor appointment today. Actually found out what was going on by looking at the xrays I took last week. I find it very interesting to look at these things. Of course my xray did not match the "normal" one....does anything ever appear normal about me anyway?? But as we continued to discuss what was going on I learned that it's really no wonder I do not get migraines even more than I'm getting them. There were three things going on in my neck that all kind of linked together to triple the pain and cause the blurred vision. I'm not sure of all the technical jargan but I did learn that the three components could actually be fixed. Which was music to these ears! I have had a hard time with my migraines and I finally decided to go to the chiropractor when I started having them more frequently. My migraines always start out with my left eye going completely blurred and this happens alot when I'm driving. Which is the most inconvenient time. Then after that it's a quite painful day so I've got alot of hope that this chiropractor will do the trick. I did find it quite relaxing at some points to go to the chiropractor. At one point all I had to do was lay down and they put a cool pack around my neck with something else (seriously I really don't know my technical things here) to relax my muscles. I found myself having a hard time trying to relax. It's like I wanted to get up and get things done. I mean have I really become so busy that I can't even slow down and do absolutely nothing for literally 5 minutes. So I will find these appointments enjoyable (most days) because they will force me to take care of myself.

This evening I learned that a friend/coworker was experiencing symptoms of a heart attack and was actually having a heart attack by the time they made it to the hospital. She were air lifted to the Heart Center at PCMH. James, Madison, and I went over to be with the family and to visit with her once the testing was done. And though this event was upsetting, I knew that God was in control of it all. Sometimes it's a shocker to hear such news but I knew the faith my friend had and I understood that she would be ok. But after all the test were run and we were able to talk with her, we learned that it actually was not her heart afterall. Which was a good sign. But now they are trying to figure out where this pain and other symptoms are coming from. So I'm praising God that she did not have a heart attack but praying that God will also be with the doctors as they continue to run tests to try and locate the problem.

It's always moments like these that you really slow down to appreciate the people in your life. It's so important to have good family and friends whom you can trust no matter what the day. So I encourage you to appreciate the people in your life and look at all the blessings you have been given!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey friend! sorry about the migraines, but that's great that the Chiropractor thinks they can be taken care of!

    I appreciate you, love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete