"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Quick and Healthy Snack

I love it when I find a healthy snack that I actually enjoy! So I thought I'd share. This is a recipe I found from Weight Watchers. Enjoy!!

Hot Fiesta Dip

You will need:
10oz package frozen whole kernel corn
1 1/2 cups refridgerated salsa
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded mexican style cheese
2 tbsp chopped scallion

Microwave frozen corn according to the package directions. Drain. Combine corn and salsa in a microwave safe 9 inch pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave on high 2 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over corn mixture; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with chopped scallion.

When we make this snack we actually make it with out the chopped scallion. But you make it how you like it! Serve this dip with baked tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment