"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Just Blessed...

What an awesome yet super busy week! I haven't sat down to blog in almost a week! Where do I begin? My week has been nothing but awesome. I had a wonderful chance to get to know some people a little better and was blessed by that. I also had the opportunity to be a part of a drama this week that was nothing but AMAZING!! Had the chance to see my love for Christ grow so much more! And that's always great!! Of course, I'm wore slam out and feel like I need a vacation but I have the hope of knowing it will soon be summer time and vacation will be here!!!

Today was such a great day. I had the chance to go to PCOC where dad was singing in the cantata. It's always good to go back to your home church and see so many people that were a part of molding you into who you are today. That church was a huge impact in my life and I am thankful God placed me and my family there. I did miss my WBCC people today. They are becoming more and more a part of my heart as I learn about them and what consumes their lives. "Blessed beyond measure" is the only words that come to mind when I look at this past week.

I look at my family and the growing that has happened within us since the long recovery my grandmother went through and I see some of God's purpsose in her suffering. Today was a special day because my Grandma Grace was able to return to church today for the first time since April of last year. It was an emotional Sunday for her but a joyous one at that!! God used her to grow my faith but He also used her to bring our family closer together. Spending time in the hospital with so many family members that you don't see every day will either make you or break you! But it was nice to see our family pull together like that and know that in times of troubles we were strong.

Today was also spent at mom and dad's house with some family and having Easter lunch and a birthday party for my nephew Landen. He turned 1 today!! He had lots of fun with the birthday cake! But in looking back in this week and even though I am physically tired, I am energized emotionally and spiritually. I am reminded of what Easter is truly about and though it's nice to have the Easter egg hunts and chocolate candy it's even more rewarding to know that Christ loved me so very much that he died for me and then arose!! I love Him so very much! I am excited for my family and what God has planned for us. I know as long as I am allowing God to lead us I can live at peace in the decisions we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment