"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Friday, April 9, 2010

Priorities

I can not stop smiling. I had not realized how long this week had been until I got home and remembered it was Friday!!! I do not have to go back to work until Monday!! It's going to be a great weekend. Looking at the forecast it sounds like a great day to take the family to the beach!!

It's just been a really hectic week, a full schedule at work and things to take care of outside of work. Glad it's time to relax. I am going to make sure we have time just as a family tomorrow to relax and do something fun. It's important to balance stress out with relaxation. Looking back over the past few months we have really been busy keeping schedules that involved mainly everything other than taking time for just the three of us. I take a lot of joy in my family and the time we get to spend together. I know that Madison will continue to grow up much faster than I want her to. I hope that you understand the importance of slowing down from schedules, especially work schedules, to take time for your family.

I realized I was not giving enough time to my family when I worked in Mental Health. I was on call and found it difficult when I left the office to relax. Had a boss that looked down on us if we did not work more than 40 hours a week. I lasted about 5 years in Mental Health and then switched to working in Substance Abuse. I am in a position where I am not on call EVER and it's fabulous!! I work a job where we are encouraged to stay at our 40 hours and not work over. So if you have to work make sure it's not doing something that will consume you to the point you start spending less time with your family and begin spending more time at work. When that starts happening, I hope you will stop and reevaluate your purpose in life and what really matters. We all need to make money and pay our bills but the people in your life need you and God will provide if you trust him. Balance is an important thing and I feel like I have a healthy balance now but I have not always had that balance. It took me leaving a job that consumed me to going to another one that allows me to grow in my passion to help others and yet still feel like I am spending enough time with my family.

God has always provided for me. I am thankful for having a job where I am able to leave "work" at work and focus completely on my family when I am at home. I truly hope you guys have a great weekend and try to relax a little!!

No comments:

Post a Comment