"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Many Sides Of Beauty

As women let's face it, we naturally have multiple personalities!! On the way to work the other day I could feel my mood changing from "grrrr" to "happy Friday!!" all in the time it took me to drive fifty minutes to my office! But why in the world do we have to be this way!?

Women are special and unique....and all the men said "Amen!!". Psalm 139:14 says, "I will give thanks unto thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made...". I know that God made us all individually with special attention to each of us but as I read this verse I can not help but think it was a man who wrote the book of Psalms!! He obviously was not thinking from a woman's point of view! But in all seriousness, he was thinking from a much broader point of view and it's one that we should all consider. God made us as individuals and gave special attention to each of us.

So why would God create me in such a way that I would not feel great all the time?! In my personal understanding of this I would have to say that if I felt great all the time...A. I would not be near as interesting!! B. My husband's life would be way too easy! C. I would not be appreciative of the moments I felt great. As women there are many stressors to our complicated lives. We take on many roles all while trying to maintain our sanity. So it's only natural that we have days where things are going good and then our days where we feel like we're losing control and are about to burst into tears.

So how do we function in the midst of all this? I find that if I start my day in prayer (which I do not always do) my day will go much smoother. Many times I am praying on my way to work since I spend so much time in my vehicle. Now, no worries, I'm not praying with my eyes closed! I also have to decide that today will not get the best of me no matter how I feel. Sometimes we have to understand that it's ultimately us that will make our day either good or bad. We decide how we let others affect our moods. There are days where horrible things happen and it breaks us. But never forget that the whole time you are trying to carry those burdens in that little bag of yours...God is walking with you waiting for you to give it over to Him. The next time your day is not going quite like you had planned, put all of your "moods" and "unwanted events" of the day in a "bag" and give them over to God. Once you have handed it to Him, don't try to hang on to it. Be done with it and decide the rest of your day will be spent thanking God for the good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment