"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Overwhelmed

Feeling overwhelmed tonight and finding comfort in Romans 15:13: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit".

Not a whole lot of words to share tonight other than I am feeling burdened. It's one of those nights where everything kind of rolls together and you know it's going to be a sleepless night. I trust God will always take care of me and my family. I need to give my worries over to Him but apparently I'm not doing such a good job of that tonight. I have such a faithful God and He has never let me down.

I keep going back to scripture because I am a little speechless tonight. I do not know what to say other than I love God and know that things will work out as they always do. My heart is burdened for different people tonight and trials they are facing but my heart is also burdened for personal reasons. Another scripture that I cling to is Matthew 6:34: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own".

To let you in on a little bit about me...my house is typically extra clean when I have things on my mind. I can not sit still so I keep going and tonight that proved very productive for me. As I blog I have the sound of the washing machine and dish washer in the background and the monitor of a 3 year old who is sleeping. Still plenty to come tonight and will most likely wake up in the morning with a very clean home. So I am seeing the up side to being stressed but I do not enjoy this feeling. I love God and am thankful for the wisdom He provides in life's situations.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sister I totally know the feeling!!!! Here's another verse that I like (especially the 'quiet you with His love' part).

    The LORD your God is with you,
    he is mighty to save.
    He will take great delight in you,
    he will quiet you with his love,
    he will rejoice over you with singing.

    - Zeph. 3:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie. You're such an amazing friend!! Those kids are so lucky to have you in Africa!!!!

    ReplyDelete