"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Sunday, April 11, 2010

His Evidence

Days like today are always enjoyable. Can't go wrong with the sun and 73 degrees! We started our day out with church and that is always a good start to our Sunday. Today's sermon was on our prayer life. My prayer life could really use some improvement. I think at times I feel my prayer life is shallow. I know that I talk to God but I am not spending enough time in prayer for other people. I always pray for my family and my friends but in listening today I realized I was still leaving people out.

There are so many people who do not desire to serve God and it breaks my heart. God's evidence is everywhere and especially when looking at nature. I do spend time praying for people that may not put God first in their life or even believe in God. I pray for them because I know the joy I have in my life and I know they can have that joy too. Being at the beach yesterday was just a reminder of the wonderful things God created. I want to make sure that I thank God for those things and pray for others to learn more about God and how their life can be so blessed by Him!! I have had my low moments where serving God was not at the forefront of my mind and I would not do anything to go back. The life I live today is full of challenges but it's such a good life. I see God working in me and stretching me. I pray that I apply today's sermon and enrich my prayer life and spend more time with God. He absolutely deserves it.

In looking at the blessings of today I have to share a little blessing that I found. I have been looking for a used bookshelf for Madison's room. I just wanted a little two shelf bookshelf that Madison and I could sand and repaint. I have been looking for a while and going in and out of antique shops and just places selling used furniture. Today, we took a walk down the boardwalk at the Washington waterfront and enjoyed the sun. I had no intentions of looking for a bookshelf but as we came to almost the end of our walk we saw a little store called "Sentimental Susan" and we walked in. I didn't expect to find much but I decided I would ask the lady in the store anyway. I asked about any bookshelves she had in the store and she instructed me back out the store where she had a few pieces in front of the store. I was really excited when I found exactly what I was looking for and she only charged me $10 for it.!! So that's my little blessing for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment