"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Slowing Down

It's a Sunday morning and I woke up feeling a little unprepared for my morning. I was thankful I had read the entire lesson for my children for Children's Church but I realized Friday evening that I had left the copy of it in my office at work which is 50 minutes away. But that's okay, my memory is working so far!

We get so busy that it's only natural we forget things. Goodness knows, I'm forgetting things all the time. I'm even in the process of buying some "fish oil" vitamins to help my memory!! But when I woke up this morning I also had vacation on the brain. It's been such a long time and I'm ready to slow down and enjoy some time away with the family.

My husband's family lives 12 hours away so we rarely get to see them. That's our plans for this year, hoping to make our way to Ohio. We're even thinking about going to Cedar Point Theme Park just to go have a blast!! When we go up that way, we always drive. There's always the option of flying, but I absolutely love road trips!! I'm the kind of traveler that likes to stop when ever we see something we want to do. Not the kind that just drives the whole way non-stop. Madison does very well on road trips. I think she's got a little bit of her mom in her!! So I'm ready to get some dates set so that I have something to look forward to. It's coming up on that time of year where everyone begins taking vacations and it makes it a little harder going to work, but as long as I know my vacation is coming we're good!!

I'm also hoping to find a few days to fit in to go up to the cabin. It's so relaxing to go up there and it's perfect when you're just tired of the constant on the go that life brings. So our goal this year is to slow down and take a vacation. Last year didn't work out for an actuall vacation. We did get in a few trips to the cabin and that was a blast but we're hoping to get away and spend some time with family that we have missed dearly.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday. Looking forward to a day with church family and hoping to also get somethings done this afternoon that were not able to get done yesterday. Enjoy your day and if you're like me, make it a good one before the work week starts again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment