"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

His Little Reminders

This has been one crazy day. It started out to be what I thought was going to be one of those days you really arent in the mood to be at work. I really did not want to hear the problems that some of my clients would bring in today. But my day started to perk a little bit when I drank a bit of caffiene and decided that regardless of my attitude, I'm at work!! God always has a way of shaping my attitude just when I need it but little did I know how He would do so today.

Sometimes our actions are being watched more closely than we realize. Our interactions with people mean more to them maybe just more than we know. Well today was such a special day for me. I get to work and I do my daily routine of checking some things, talking with some clients, only to then check my (non work related) email and have a very special email waiting for me. This email was addressed to me and my husband. It was the kind of email that doesn't just get read and then deleted, it was the kind that you read, and then you re-read, and maybe even print out!! This email was God's reminder for me to keep pushing no matter what and that me and my family were making a difference for Him. We don't always get to see how our life has helped someone else, but I did in that email today and it brought tears to my eyes.

This email came to me on a day where I just did not feel like coming in but did because that's what I'm paid to do. But after meeting with a client who was truly motivated to become clean of his cocaine addiction, and then reading that email from a special friend, I knew God had a purpose for me even on this one day. My heart was so incredibly touched that this person took the time to write me and my husband such a heart felt email. It also made me so very happy because I look for oppurtunities to encourage my husband and I knew this would be good for him. We all need reminding of the good work we are doing on occasions. Just to know that we are making a difference.

Knowing that my friend now understood that she did not have to carry her burdens alone and that God truly loved her for who she was, just made me ecstatic!! Knowing that she understood the difference between being married to being in a marriage that God is the center of. Knowing that her life now held so much more meaning!!

I don't know why I get surprised at things like this, God is such an amazing and wonderful God. He has never let me down. There have been times when I thought He was letting me down but down the road I quickly learned it was a detour only to a road that was even better and made for me. I'm ever so thankful for God and how he continuously guides me along a path guided by Him. I'm so very thankful for my friend who has so many things before her but now knows God is there to carry the load for her. I'm thankful for a husband that finds serving the Lord so very important and makes it evident in his actions. I'm very thankful for my daughter who has just made my heart over flow on so many occasions today. And I'm thankful for the people that read this blog and are part of this venturing out journey for me. Thankyou!!

No comments:

Post a Comment