"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Venturing Out

So I start off my blog with kind of an explanation to why I decided to start one in the first place. I titled my blog page "Venturing out". I found this title very appropriate being I am typically a private person when it comes to personal struggles, hence the name "personal". But as I grow in life as a mother, a wife, and most importantly a Christian, I find that I have to be real. In other words, know that it's ok for others to see when I struggle. As I continue to get older and watch my daughter grow, I realize that she will be watching me and how I deal with problems. If she never sees me having problems, who will teach her how to deal with them. I have a facebook account that I keep updated on a regular basis. I almost always have very positive facebook account statuses, and it's not something I do on purpose, it's second nature. It's who I am but please know that there are struggles that I face. So I'm venturing out into something that is not second nature for me. Sharing my struggles with the world as a Christian woman who is trying to make it as a supportive and loving wife, an awesome mother, a faithful friend, a loving daughter, a dedicated employee, and the list goes on and on. So as I venture out into the blogging world and share some of my thoughts on things, I ask that you also pray for me in situations that you read. I hope that something I write may be helpful to you as well. Maybe you completely understand what i'm writing and where I'm coming from. Feel free to comment on things as I post them. I'm really excited about stepping out and doing this.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get what you're talking about! I agree that God puts certain desires in our hearts for a reason. I often feel like I have always pursued the "safe" route and never followed my own desires. That is something i have thought about given my situation that i have told you about. I hope to be able to be a source of inspiration to women all over the country in that area. That has certainly crossed my mind as I'd like to raise awareness of certain "taboo" topics in circles of women. Too many women's conferences end up being all about parenting and do not cater to women from all walks of life including singles and married couples, those who are childless, those who are struggling in their marriages etc...these ocnferences assume that all women are in the same stage of life and I think that "focus conferences" would be excellent. I say "Go for it girl!" I think you would be great at it!

    ReplyDelete