"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Goal 1

As I sit here with my oreo cookies and milk, the first thought that comes to mind is this is going well with my weight watchers plan. My second thought, however, is this has been one of those days when I probably could have stayed at home and gotten the same amount of work done! Guess we all have those days. Very excited about posting this next blog post. I kind of look at this blogging as a step towards some goals that I desire to reach. Do you ever have those goals in the back of your mind that have probably been there so long you could blow dust off of them. Well I have those but the cool thing about my goals is they are actually my passions. I have to be honest with you, me spilling out things I desire to reach is pretty scary. As long as I keep my goals to myself I don't have to worry about anyone keeping me accountable to them...lame, but it's true!! So even as I write this I wonder if I should spill out my goals to the world!! My biggest fear is that someone will actually make me do them one day! But maybe that's what I need. God has given me some very weird passions in life. Weird in the sense that not just everyone desires to do such things. So I ask that as you continue to read this that you grab on to the bottom of your chair, lazy boy, bean bag, exercise ball (yeah right), etc. and prepare for a goal you don't hear every day!

Do you ever go to events where you watch someone perform certain acts that you wish you could do? Maybe you are keeping up with the Olympics and you are blown away by some of the athletes and the capabilities. Maybe you want to learn to play guitar and every time you watch someone else play, you think "I wish I could do that" or "I wish that was me up there playing". Maybe you're watching a runway model and you're thinking, "I wish I looked that good in my clothes" and just for the record, anorexia is not the way to go and no it is not sexy!!

I strongly feel that God gives us passions for things that he longs for us to follow. Maybe it's kind of His way of guiding us. I can go to Women's Conferences and absolutely enjoy the fellowship with the women there. Such a wonderful thing when all the women can get away from the daily responsibilities and let loose in a large crowd of women!! I'll never tell what we talk about!! Well one thing that goes on in my mind (that I'm pretty sure is not going on in everyone else's mind) is I really think I could be the speaker for events like this. I've always, well maybe not always, desired to take more of a leadership role in things. I find that when I take a step back from things, I tend to not utilize all of the gifts God has given me and I also find that leadership can be a form of accountability for me. It forces me to have to do things to the fullest and ensure that I am setting the example for others that are following. Taken on such a leadership role such as being a main speaker at a women's conference is huge!! But I can't erase this passion inside of me or desire that I have to do so. Even in college, I absolutely loved it when it was my turn to do my chapel talk. I always remember hearing most of my friends talk about how much they dread it. I would start working on mine long before it was time for me to speak. And something else I've noticed is I do not always fear getting up in front of people. I'm comfortable with it for the most part but still get nervous. So there you have it, one of my goals is to be able to speak to women. I desire to start up women ministries that are a support group for women. I had a friend who thought she was attending something like this but when she attended she found out that it was actually a meeting where events are planned. This is not a bad thing but I realized that women ministries are really needed where women spend time talking about what's going on in their lives and spend time in prayer. Bringing a bunch of women together is unreal. Especially when they are so use to being caught up in such busy schedules or if they are someone who is very lonely and desires to just get out of the house. We women can build each other up and encourage one another like no other group can do. I find it so important for churches to have women ministries. Women are such an asset to the church and need the constant encouragement and accountability of other women in the church. Not only in church do women need this, but it's important that in the work place and at home that women feel supported. Sometimes we form the closest bonds with those we work with because we are spending 40 hours a week there. It's kind of hard not to form some kind of bond.

So there you have it, I could go on and on about my thoughts on this subject but I would really be getting off topic (like I'm sure I have already). I'm really enjoying posting my thoughts and getting some things out there that I have needed to say. Sharing this with you is not easy but is necessary for me as I desire to make closer steps to my goals. God has done such amazing things in my life and led me down paths I would not have chosen and I will not stop now allowing Him to lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment