"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Roll With It

It's Saturday morning, my favorite time of the week. Saturdays are especially my favorite when there are no plans. Today's plan for me is to get out of the house with Madison and let James stay home and finish recooperating from being sick. I'm excited about it being mommy and Madison day. Those are the best!

So far this morning I've been spending it studying my lesson to teach the K-2 for Children's Church. It's been a while since I have taught this age and I'm almost finding it difficult to prepare for. This age is so much fun to teach though. All the fun crafts and activities are always a blast. I remember when I was in college and even a few years after graduating that this was my absolute favorite age to teach. But I wonder if our passions change as we get older. I use to love working with the little ones, and not that I dont now, but I see that my passions have changed somewhat. That too I feel is God's way of guiding you at different stages in your life. It's so important to listen to God and to not assume that you will always find joy in the same thing forever. Some people will. Some people will always have a passion for the same thing their entire life and they will grow in it. But I find that God is using me at different stages in my life. God used my earlier passions to prepare me for what would come next. I'm comfortable teaching children and I find it's enjoyable and almost a break from reality, especially with the little ones. But as I continue serving God I see my heart turnings towards a different audience. And I'm gonna "roll" with that. There's always something exciting around the corner when it comes to trusting God. Not always an easy road to follow but I find it so rewarding. I'm so very thankful that God has given me the grace to allow me to continue on this earth and grow in Him and make every effort to serve him with my abilities.

I hope everyone has such a wonderful Saturday! These are my favorite days and I'm looking forward to having a day with Madison and catching up on the time I didnt get with her in the week. She's such a blessing!!

1 comment:

  1. Sat. is my favorite too. It's the only day of the week we get to cook breakfast together and often we will cook a special dinner together too. The rest of the week is quick meals so its our time to do what we want to do for a change. I think sometimes, for me too, God has changed my passions alot. I have some things i am passionate about that I know wouldn't probably lead to a career (photography esp.) but my journey with becoming an educator has brought out some things in me I didn't know where there. I have a passion for writing and literature. I like writing letters to try to change things. I am interested in public service but in a different way and have gotten an interest in politics. I am thinking of getting my master's in English and teach adults to write and critically think. I am not sure if that's the road I will take but I totally get what you're saying. I know I will not find joy in the same thing forever. I see it as God molding me constantly.

    ReplyDelete