"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Sunday, May 2, 2010

She's A Good Mom

I rediscovered my competitive side today!! Besides the fact that I am not very good at softball I did at least enjoy my day in the sun! Sunscreen and water and I was good to go. We had a church softball game today and a cookout afterwards. Love days like that! Lots of good conversations and just a chance to get to know everyone a little bit better. But I think my favorite part of the day was the short time I spent with my mom.

Madison spent the day with her grandma and had a blast. So I saw mom just prior to leaving the house and then returned home and Madison was sleeping. With Mother's Day coming up I find it good timing to say that I have a wonderful mom. I am blessed to have her. I look up to her like no other person. She is hardworking and giving. She has been such a good grandmother to Madison by spending time with her especially when we are needing someone to watch her. I spoke with a friend today who does not have her mom anymore but can remember when her mother would watch her kids for her and she spoke about cherishing that time. I could not imagine not having my mom. She is absolutely the world to me and I hope that I take advantage of my time with her. Madison loves her grandparents and especially enjoyed her day with her grandma. Not to mention grandma lets her eat all the cookies her little heart desires!! But that's what so great about being a grandma I guess!

I am looking forward to the big Mother's Day event that we have with all our family this coming weekend to spend with family and friends that we do not see everyday. Thank you Lord for my life and your timing. Thank you Lord for the people you place in my life especially my mom. I would not have picked anyone else for the spot :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you, James, Madison, and the rest of our family this Saturday, too! Emily and I are going to Grandmama's sometime Saturday morning to spend time with Grandmama, Tammy, & Tyler. I don't know if Granddaddy will be there. I know Daddy and David are cooking the pig, I think at your parents' house. I've got to make sure I have my camera charged up! ;) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete