"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Friday, May 7, 2010

A Special Day


I am currently hearing loud crashing sounds upstairs...which tells me that instead of Madison falling asleep that she has convinced her daddy it's play time! They are too funny together. Let's just say Madison has her daddy wrapped around that little finger of hers. I have been taking some time to focus on my family and other blessings that God has blessed me with this week. I felt like I had been spending too much time blogging on a daily basis. It was a good break this week. I thoroughly enjoy blogging, however, sometimes it can become a bit consuming.

I felt like I had a few other things I could take care of instead of taking time to blog this week so I did. I pray that as I continue to blog that God uses my life as an encouragement to someone else. Now I can not say that I have lived this long difficult life that would be a tremendous example for someone else but I have had my struggles. God has blessed me tremendously. And though right now, I am on a mountain, I know there will be valleys to come. I can not help to think what some of my posts on my blog would have read if I had started blogging a few years ago. But I am excited how God continues to grow my desires for different things. I never thought that I would openly share my life with others via the Internet. But I am convinced that it is just another way of witnessing as we live in a world that has gone cyber.

And speaking of focusing on some of God's blessings this week, tomorrow I will be spending the day with lots of family in celebration of Mother's Day. The day is for my grandma Grace as we celebrate having her this Mother's Day. I think everyone will feel a sense of hope and joy in Christ tomorrow as we realize the reason she is still here. A lot of us struggled seeing her in the hospital and struggled with many questions to why she would go through what she went through, but in looking back I can see God's hand in so many different things. I am so very thankful for everyone who had a part in her recovery. So I am excited about tomorrow and bringing all of our families together to enjoy the day. I am looking forward to taking lots of pictures! And of course, Madison is excited to get to play with everyone and has already decided she wants to wear a sun dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment