"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Friday, August 6, 2010

Humbling

I had a movie night with James tonight and of course it was a real tear jerker. I will not go into detail for those of you who have not watched the movie "Extraordinary Measures". However, just a glimpse at the back of the movie cover, you know it's going to be a hard one to watch and keep a dry eye.

Maybe I have a difficult time watching movies like this because I am a mother. I find that I think about Madison and think about how I would deal with such pressures. Long story short, I just want to say how thankful I am to God for the MANY blessings he has given me. It is humbling to me to watch movies like this (let alone watch others experience it)and yet, still find that I can manage to complain about something. I have been blessed with an amazing family and an amazing God who looks out for me and keeps His word. A job that pays the bills and a roof over my head along with all the extra blessings. I can not ask for more.

I pray that I always count the blessings first instead of looking at what is wrong. Living a Christian life is so very rewarding and I would not have it any other way. The good and the bad, I would choose it over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment