"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Growing

Okay so it's been a really long time since I last posted. Just know that in the time I have been away I have used it for some personal growth. For almost two months now, just over a month and a half, I have been running and walking each evening. It has taken me thirty years of my life to figure out how to stick with an exercise plan that works. Of course, up until I had Madison (which I was 27)I never really had to exercise (or so I thought). I enjoyed sports and was active BUT things changed after having Madison. Now that I am getting older I find that I have to work harder at maintaining my health and ensuring I am at a healthy weight. I also find that the energy I once had does not come naturally.

While I was running/walking I was listening to my Pandora station on my blackberry and had it set on a Chris Tomlin station. I absolutely love to run in my surrounding neighborhoods while listening to his music. It makes for an awesome praise and worship time to God and also makes for very peaceful alone time. I think that has been the driving force behind my ability to stick with exercising this time. In the past, I always had an excuse and mostly that I didn't have time and that I had a child to take care of. But I have found a way to fit it in and I'm so grateful I did.

As I continue trying to extend how far I run and how far I walk I find that my leg muscles are really getting worked. Sometimes it's even somewhat painful as I run because my body is not use to daily running. My muscles are having to reshape themselves and grow. I can't help but think of how similar the situation is with my spiritual life. Sometimes we find ourselves in a slum. Just kind of doing the same things over and over, more so out of habit. Or maybe we have found ourselves not doing anything at all. Something that I have also taken advantage of during my running is my prayer time with God. I have found the most perfect time of day to grow physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I couldn't ask for more. I have seen the blessings of handing over stress to God and in just a short period of time. It's hard giving worries over to God and trusting that he will take care of them. But I am a believer and I KNOW that God WILL take care of me. Sometimes growing, whether it's physical or spiritual, requires training to get better. So as I continue to grow I am trying to allow God to be more of my trainer instead of "on stand by".

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! I totally relate to those things. It's easy to make excuses, but once you do the hard work of sticking to the discipline, it's so wonderful! keep up the good work...I need to do it too:)

    ReplyDelete