"...warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " I Thessalonians 5: 14-18

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Burn Out

It's taken me a while to get back to my blog. I haven't been feeling myself for the past few weeks. I have found it amazing what stress can do to the body. I was even convinced I might be pregnant but three pregnancy test later it is a definite no!! Swoo!!! I was sweating bullets on that one! I am typically easy going and no worries kind a gal' but not lately. James was even feeling very similar. So I know what I do when I get stressed and I'm guessing we all have different ways of dealing. But you best believe I am eating the most unhealthy thing I can find. All I can say is thank God I am not typically this way. I couldn't survive!

It has taken me until today to really try to chill out about all the stress. I am slowly getting myself back on track with eating healthy and taking vitamins again and increasing physical activity. My wii comes in handy for the exercise, especially on evenings or mornings before work that I do not feel like leaving the house.

I remember in Sunday School, maybe a month ago, we were talking about what people worried about. And of course, I am sitting there thinking that I typically am not a worrier. I guess you would call me the "situational worrier". I do not worry about day to day things, but when it comes to unexpected events it's a different story. I have to say I am disappointed in myself for these past few weeks. I have not taken my own advice like I would give someone else dealing with stress. I have tried dealing with my stress in my own way day after day and it has not gone away. I am ashamed to admit that I have not even prayed on a daily basis for God to take my stress away, not everyday. I have not been persistent in something that I truly needed. Someone who is all powerful and could take my stress away in an instant, I did not pray and ask for his help regularly. It's amazing to me how much strength I think I have in myself at times with out giving God the credit. It is God who has given me the strength to continue despite the stress filled weeks I have had. I fail to thank Him during times like these for the things that I have been blessed with.

For the longest time I knew there were little things that were just adding up to my stress level but when I just couldn't get past it all I realized I was just burned out. It is that time of year again and I can NOT wait for vacation. I am in desperate need of one like never before. My whole family is in need of it. In need of a time to get away from all schedules and to do exactly what we WANT to do TOGETHER as a family. It's sad that this time rarely even comes once a year for the length of time we will be taken. But I am thankful that it is coming and I know that I will make it. I have been feeling better today and have been doing a much better job taking care of myself with things I typically postpone. With all the stress, I was desperately needing to get back into the Chiropractor routine and I have finally done that. It's amazing what a few crackings of the neck can do!

Psalm 18:32 "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

So after these past few weeks I will pick myself up again and dust myself off and refocus my eyes on God for they have not been focusing there as often as they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment